Our Beliefs and Values
“Reaching out to the lost, raising-up disciples of Jesus Christ, and releasing ministers of the gospel who are able to reproduce their faith in others.”
Victorious Life Church’s (VLC) mission statement above contains four “R’s”: Reaching, Raising, Releasing, and Reproducing. These action words describe what we strive to do and what our mission is. They are, in essence, the life cycle of the Christian faith—accomplishing those four “R’s” is the core of what church is all about.
An accurate description of our method of worship and service can be found in four “W’s”: Worship, the Word of God, Witness, and the Wind of the Spirit. These four key words are central in describing our church life.
- Worship— Victorious Life Church is dedicated to wholehearted, biblically ordered, Christ-centered, Holy Spirit-ignited worship. God’s Word and our own experience confirm that where people worship God humbly, forthrightly, and obediently, He will respond with a distinct manifestation of His presence. Prayer, praise, and worship are not preliminaries at VLC; they are part of who we are.
- Word of God—VLC is founded on an absolute commitment to the authority of the Word of God. We believe the Scriptures are the infallible, inerrant revelation of God to man—the authoritative rule of faith and conduct. We are commissioned to search its endless wisdom, teach its timeless truth, preach its eternal purpose, and make known everywhere its life-changing message.
- Witness—Victorious Life Church is commissioned to carry the witness of Christ’s resurrection power and redeeming love to every person within the reach of our influence. Through personal witnessing, Christ-like living, and abundant-life giving, it is our determined purpose to reach our families, our homes, our community, our region, and as God enables, our world for Jesus Christ.
- Wind of the Spirit—VLC believes the Holy Spirit, with all of His gifts, has been given to the Church. We are committed to seeking His will, cultivating His purposes, manifesting His gifts, and allowing His influence to fill our lives. We deliberately take time in our services to seek the Lord in worship, praise, and prayer until a decisive sense of His presence envelops us. Referring to the Holy Spirit, Jesus said, “the wind blows where it wills….” It is our purpose to let the Wind of the Holy Spirit moves us where He wills.
Our Core Values
At the core of our mission and beliefs, we at Victorious Life Church value the following truths of our faith.
- The Bible is the Word of God, relevant to the world today, and the only true foundation for our lives. It is inspired of God, revealed to man, infallible in origin, and authoritative in nature (2 Tim. 3:15-17).
- God is eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is the Son of God—“the way, the truth, and the life.” He was born of a virgin, crucified, buried, and raised from the dead, that we might gain eternal life through His death, and by our confession of Jesus Christ as Lord (Matt. 1:23, I John 4:2, 10, 14).
- The Holy Spirit is present in the world today, sent by Jesus, that we might bow our knees and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father (Heb. 1:3, Acts 2:32-36).
- All men are lost and in need of a Savior. Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. It is received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. By grace, man becomes an heir of God according to the hope of eternal life (Luke 24:47, John 3:3, Rom. 10:13-15).
- Baptism by immersion in water is commanded in the Scriptures. All who repent and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized, declaring to the world that they have died with Christ and have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Matt. 28:19, Acts 10:47-48).
- The Gifts of the Spirit are operating in the church today and are ordained of God for the edification of the body of Christ. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues according to the book of Acts (Acts 2:4, I Cor. 12:4-10, 28).
- The Church is the Bride of Christ. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the church. We are to come together to join in worshipping our Lord, to bear one another’s burdens, and to evangelize and disciple the world (Eph. 1:22-23; 2:22, Heb. 12:23).
- Jesus is returning soon for His bride, the church, and we will “meet Him in the air. And so shall we ever be with the Lord (I Thess. 4:17).